About the Webinar:
Rail transportation is one of the most efficient and sustainable ways for mass transit of passengers and freight comfortably and quickly. Nonetheless, amid rising concerns about climate change and global warming, rail industry is striving to deliver more reliable and energy efficient transportation with adopting electrification solutions. However, railway electrification involves significant complexities across design and validation phase. Engineers must need to achieve the right balance of performance, safety and reliability which requires developing the electric components (traction motor, battery, power electronics, transformer, inverter) that suits the operational attributes.
Simulation plays a critical role in addressing the challenges from structural, thermal, crash worthiness to electrical, electronics, software while delivering quantified benefits. Just to highlight an example, using simulation, railway electrification design cycle can be reduced by up to 30% and power density can be improved by up to 15%.
Key discussion areas:
- Component design and prototyping (e.g. traction motor, transformer, power electronics, inverter)
- Conversion of energy, electric equipment efficiency, measurement and testing, lighting
- Virtual validation
- Digital twin
Who should attend?
- Design Engineers/ Managers
- R&D Engineers / Managers
- Product Development Engineers / Managers
- Test Engineers / Managers
- Solution and technology architects
Senior Application Engineer, Ansys