The Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has invited Expression of Interest (EoI) for For Joint Working / Partnering with BHEL in Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing and Commissioning of 50 Coaches (36 coaches for corridor 1 and 14 coaches for corridor 2) Tyre based Electric Bus Running on OHE (Metro Neo) at Nashik for Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
- This Expression of Interest (EoI) seeks response from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEMs) who are willing to Partner / Work Jointly with BHEL as a consortium partner for MMRCL e-tender EOI No. N1-RS-02/2021 for Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing and Commissioning of 50 Coaches (36 coaches for corridor 1 and 14 coaches for corridor 2) Tyre based Electric Bus Running on OHE (Metro Neo) at Nashik for Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is a Central Public Sector Enterprise, wherein Government of India is holding 63.17% of its equity. One of the largest engineering and manufacturing companies of its kind in India having a turnover of more than USD 3 billion. The company is engaged in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, testing, commissioning and servicing of a wide range of products and services for the core sectors of the economy, viz. Power, Transmission, Industry, Transportation, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas and Defense with over 180 product offerings to meet the needs of these sectors.
- In the transportation sector, BHEL is into the manufacture of complete electric and diesel electric locomotives and electrical assemblies/components including traction motors, traction transformers, power & auxiliary converters and controls, gear wheels etc.
- They are a regular supplier of propulsion equipment of ACEMU/MEMU.
- India’s first air-conditioned AC EMU train operational in Mumbai is equipped with BHEL’s electrics and propulsion system.
- At their Jhansi plant, BHEL manufacture complete Electric Locomotives upto 6000 HP rating for mainline application of Indian Railways, Diesel Electric Locomotives from 350 HP to 3250 BHP rating.
- Till date, BHEL has supplied cumulatively more than 725 nos. of main line electric locomotives to Indian Railways and diesel electric locomotives for shunting operations to various industries.
- Their Jhansi plant has an installed capacity of 75 nos. locomotives per year.
- At Jhansi, they have complete state-of-the-art facilities for manufacturing, fabrication and testing of bogies, loco shells, under frames and other mechanical components of locomotives.
- BHEL has recently developed India’s first state-of-the-art WAG7 Electric Locomotive with regenerative capabilities.
- Among electrical propulsion equipment, BHEL manufacture and supply traction motors, traction transformers, power converters (IGBT) & controls, auxiliary converters (IGBT) and vehicle control units for electric locomotives, diesel electric locomotives, EMUs, DEMUs & and metros trains of Indian Railways.
- Our manufacturing range includes complete solutions for AC EMU/MEMU, IGBT based 3-phase drive equipment up to 6000 HP rating.
- They have also developed India’s first Traction Motor for 9000 HP Electric Locomotives.
- BHEL has also been in the forefront of providing maintenance and spares/replacement support to Indian Railways for their locomotive fleet.
- BHEL has a full-fledged service department located at major centers in the country.
- They are establishing a state-of-the-art design, engineering and manufacturing facility at BHEL, which is presently under progress at Bhopal Unit.
- The upcoming facilities shall be able to cater to the requirement of Stainless Steel Coaches for EMUs for urban transportation and Train Sets for semi high-speed Rail transportation.
- “Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.” (MMRCL), is mandated for implementing the Metro Neo project at City of Nashik, which is situated in state Maharashtra in India, stretched along the length of Gangapur-Nashik Road Railway Station (22 Km) and Gangapur-Mumbai Naka(10 Km),including any extension in future.
- The project comprises a “METRO NEO COACH “ means rolling stock or trolleybus viz., rubber tyred articulated electric driven bus running on overhead wires (OHE), wherever referred in this EoI document.
- The project is Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing and Commissioning of 50 Coaches (36 coaches for corridor 1 and 14 coaches for corridor 2) Tyre based Electric Bus Running on OHE built in two phases.
- MMRCL e-tender EOI No. N1-RS-02/2021 is for procurement cum long term Maintenance of the rolling stock Metro Neo project at City of Nashik, which would be passing through low dense to highly dense populated sections of the Nashik city.
- The intent of this Expression of Interest hereinafter referred to as the “EOI” is to invite applications from interested Party/Parties who are willing to Partner / Work Jointly with BHEL as consortium partner for MMRCL e-tender EOI No. N1-RS-02/2021 for Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing and Commissioning of 50 Coaches (36 coaches for corridor 1 and 14 coaches for corridor 2) Tyre based Electric Bus Running on OHE
- Any applicant from a country which shares a land border with India will be eligible to participate in this EOI only if the applicant is registered with the Competent Authority as mentioned in the Office Memorandum of Ministry of Finance(GoI), DoE F No.6/18/2019-PPD dtd 23.07.2020 the extant Government rules and orders.
- BHEL shall select party/parties among the respondents of EOI who meet the PQR as per clause 5 of this EOI.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary mentioned in the document, by virtue of submission of the application against this EOI, the applicant is deemed to have perused and fully understood the ‘MMRCL e-tender EOI No. N1-RS-02/2021’ tender document along with addendums / corrigenda and is aware of the site conditions.
- It is envisaged that BHEL and the selected party/parties shall jointly work towards the submission of bid as consortium partner against this tender and shall jointly execute the works after award of contract.
- BHEL shall enter into a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) and BSA (Business Sharing Agreement) through consortium route with the selected party/parties.
- Also the selected party/parties, after entering into a mutually exclusive agreement with BHEL, cannot quote directly or enter into any kind of joint arrangement with any other party for the above mentioned Metro Neo tender.
In case any amendment/ corrigendum is issued to this EoI, it shall be notified only at http://www.bhel.com.
Source: BHEL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoHUA